Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Man at times I feel so old. I know that 25 isn't that old and most of the time I don't feel old...but the other week something happened that made me realize just how old I was. On January 21 my little brother got baptized. Now for most of you that wouldn't make you feel old. But you don't know the relationship that Christian and I have. He was born my Senior year of high school. When I came back from my Freshman year of college I would take him to the store and more often than not I would run into someone I knew in high school. They would usually stop me and say "Alexis, I didn't know you had a baby". I'm like "wow, did you not know me at all in school?"Christians baptism not only symbolizes that I am eight years older...but that I have been out of high school for eight year. Where has the time gone? I have been able to do so much and accomplish so much these past few years. Would I change anything? No way. I am who I am today because of what I was able to do these past few years.

It also made me realize how great it is to be baptized. What a great blessing the Lord has given to us. So Christian, I hope you realize just how special January 21 was for you. I am proud of you and your decision to get baptized. I sure love you!This is our first family photo since Reese and Tammy got married...let alone had a baby. Man we should seriously work on that.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You're not old. Just remember that Reese always has one year on you in the "years out of high school" department. ;-)

Desta said...

Whoo! Good to run into you in the blog-o-sphere. I was fortunate enough NOT to have the pleasure of experiencing the Survivor Diet. Although I think I would have preferred it over fielding everyone's questions about Neleh during the Marquesas season. It was so annoying that we had to watch it in the lounge. We've come so far...