Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Are you kidding me?!?!?

So I have a great story for ya. A few posts back I wrote about my love for my Chaco sandals. It was no exaggeration...I really do love them. I wrote it thinking that my family and friends would get a kick out of it. Well they did. I got emails about how funny it was and how creative it was. Well I thought that was the end of it...that is until I got an email from a Chaco employee. He wrote me the following:

" I went ahead and forwarded your e-mail address to our director of Marketing. He actually sent a link out to your blog to everyone at Chaco, so you've been seen by lots of people!"

Yikes, I hope they liked what they saw. Apparently they did, because the next day I got an email from the director of Marketing saying:

"Pretty passionate blog you got there, sister! What's your shoe size and address?"

I couldn't believe what I had just read. Where they serious? So of course I wrote back and gave them my shoe size and address. What do you think showed up in the mail today? Yep...a new pair of Chacos...only this time it was a pair of shoes! I am so stoked. I can't wait to wear them! Check out my new kicks.
So I guess I have to say thank you to Chaco. I never imagined that I would actually get a free pair of shoes out of it. Yeah I might have hoped, but I never thought it would really happen. I have to give a special shout out to the Chaco employee who contacted me first (you know who you are). Thanks for getting the ball rolling! Also, thanks to the director of Marketing for actually sending me the shoes. You two guys are the greatest!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh! That is so cool. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Where's the love for your brother who forwarded you the Chaco employee's email? I tell ya, some people's kids...

amanda said...

so jealous! that is so great that you got free shoes. you desire them. eric thinks they are some cool kicks!