Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 by 30 Update

I have been 29 for almost three months, so I should be pretty far into my 30 by 30 list. However, doing my clinicals have kept me pretty busy. So I thought that I would do an update on how my list is coming...kind of as a reminder to myself and to re-motivate myself.

1. Participate in a triathlon- I have been looking around for one to do, but with the weather turning bad I will have to wait until the spring or early summer to get this one checked off.

2. Participate in Ragnar 2012- I have signed up for Ragnar 2012 and am really excited to do it.

3. Visit every temple in Utah- Haven't started on this one yet, but once I am done with clinicals I will have more time to do this.

4. Run a 5K with my dad- I will pass this one off next Saturday. On Nov. 12 my dad and I will be running a 5K. I am excited to be able to do this with my dad.

5. Become a temple worker- Like I said, right now I don't have the time, but come the first of the year I will have more time.

6. Read all the standard works- I am almost finished with the Book of Mormon and then I will start on the D&C.

7. Read one new book a month- I have worked on this one. I have read the Secret Garden and am currently working on two other books Jane Eyre and The Lord of The Rings.

8. Learn the guitar- Charity is helping me on this one. She is giving me lessons, I don't feel like I am learning to quickly. But I will keep practicing.

9. Go on a monthly date with a niece/nephew/brother/sister- I have failed miserably on this one.

10. Finish my mission scrapbook- Nope, haven't even started.

11. Reduce my debt by 1/2- Just adding to it right now, until I have a paying job...I will only be adding to it.

12. Try one new recipe a month- check and check, I have been doing this one. It's nice having someone else cook for you.

13. Learn to scuba dive- A few months ago, my sister-in-law sent me a link to a deal that Groupon was having. It was a discount for the first lesson on how to scuba dive. So I bought one at the discounted rate. I haven't taken advantage of this deal yet, but I am well on my way to learning how to do this.

14. Go on a scuba diving trip- Can't really do this until I pass of #13

15. Learn to make my grandma's blanket- I will be posting pictures of this soon. I am almost done with the blanket. My grandma and I have been working really hard on it, and I believe that on Monday we will finish it. I'm so excited!

16. Learn to drive a manual car- I need someones help with this one. I don't have a manual or know anyone who has a manual car.

17. Visit a church history site- Probably won't do this for a little while. Need to have a job, so that I can travel.

18. Do something out of my comfort zone- Working in the OR has done this on a repeated bases. I will have to write about some of my experiences.

19. Buy dinner for a stranger- I haven't yet to do this. I don't eat out all that much.

20. Make children blankets with my mom for hospitals- Unfortunately we haven't been able to start on this project yet. I haven't been to my moms for a while, so I need to work on that too.

21. Visit Lori in New Orleans- Nope, not yet...but maybe come spring

22. Visit Missy in Kansas- She doesn't live there yet, so I can't really visit her until after the new year.

23. Do a complete temple name- Haven't done anything with this yet.

24. Learn to play the piano- I have been working on this one. Every so often I sit down with Faith and we go over some things and she helps me. But I can only do basic things as of right now.

25. Start a journal (and write in it often)- Nope, haven't done this once. I am going to start off small, maybe once a week.

26. Do a cross-stitch- I am going to go this weekend and find one. I have been thinking of it a lot lately and just need to find the time to go to the store and get one.

27. Go horseback riding- This will have to wait until the weather is warmer. Maybe I can get Shane to help me out with this.

28. Go skydiving- If only I can convince my dad to do it with me.

29. Make a budget and stick to it- Its not hard to stick to a budget when you aren't making any money. The true test will come once I have a job and have income coming in.

30. Go a whole month without eating out- I have done 3 weeks of this, I believe I will be able to accomplish this goal really soon.

So there you have it. I have started on many of them, just not accomplish them. Some of them will take all year to accomplish. But I am glad that I did this update, it was a good reminder that I have actually accomplished a lot. This way I am not discouraged!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Way to go, Lexie. It's a good start! Btw, you can do a "church history site" in Kaysville...where John Taylor hid out when officials were searching for polygamists. ;) Or you could go to This is the Place Heritage Park. Doesn't really compare to Nauvoo, but still important.

Katie said...

You rock my sister! I am excited to see your blanket. Your grandma's blanket was very near and dear to my heart. I am excited for you to get a cross stitch! I found out that a lot of stores don't carry very many, but there are hundreds online. This last one I got though, was from JoAnn Craft Store and it was on the discount rack, so I got it for $5. Steal! So I would definitely recommend checking craft store discount racks :) Wow, this is a long comment, maybe I should just call you haha. Love you sister! Thanks for the update!

Anda said...

way to go lex, this is awesome.