Sunday, November 13, 2011

10k Mud Run aka The Dirty Dash

So this is a little old, but it has taken me a while to get around to posting the pictures. These aren't even all of them, but they will have to do for now (I don't want Katie to get any madder at me for my lack of posting).

A few months back my friend Missy called me up and asked if I wanted to do a 10k mud run. I told her that I would and asked her when we were going to run it. She said, I would have about a week to prepare. A WEEK!!!! Now as everyone knows, I am not the best runner in the world. I just don't really care for it. I would much rather burn off my calories doing something else, anything else really. So if I am going to sign up for a race, I need a little bit of time to get into running shape. Any by a little bit of time I mean more than a week.

Well a week is all I had, and I ran probably twice to prepare myself for the run. Now I had never run in the Dirty Dash before and so I didn't know what to expect. I went to www.thedirtydash.com to check things out and found this awesome video.



After watching the video I got really excited for our run. We got up early on Saturday and drove to Park City for the run. The weather had just turned a little cold, but you didn't really notice it during the run. We had to jump over hay stacks, jump over mud holes, swing across mud holes on a rope swing, wade through Deere Creek, walk across a balance beam, climb a rope ladder and crawl (army style) through barrels full of mud. It was so fun. Even though I hadn't been training, I felt good after the run. We had to stop so often and wait in order to proceed with the next opstical that we had time to catch our breath.
I don't know how long it took us, but we sure had fun. Afterwards they offer showers, but the water was so cold that I couldn't even stand to be in there very long. We went back to the car and I used baby wipes to get some of the mud off me. Three showers later, I was still finding mud! If anyone is looking for a fun little run, sign up for the Dirty Dash, you won't be sorry you did.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hooray! The post I've been waiting for :) Thanks sister. That looks like so much fun! Glad you could do it.

Anda said...

love it lex!! that was so fun;)