Monday, November 19, 2007

Reliving the old times

So I will admit it...I went to BYU-Idaho...I know...shocking! A few good things came from attending that University. One of which was finding The Mongolian Grill. I can't figure it out. I don't know how I found this great little place...not many people who went to BYU-Idaho seem to know about it. But it is GREAT! We started going to The Mongolian Grill my Freshman year. On our first temple trip my roommates went there to eat. I was in a different car and so I didn't make it that first time. But I sure have made up since then. Every time we went to Idaho Falls we stopped at The Mongolian Grill. Whether it was a temple trip or a trip to the mall, we stopped and had a great time.
Now I don't know how many of you have eaten there. But it is great! Let me explain to you how this works. First you choose a bowl (small, medium and large). Now you should know that a small bowl is plenty of food. I can have a small bowl last me for two meals. After you choose your bowl...you choose what food you are going to eat. You can choose between frozen chicken, pork and beef that are in thin strips (I don't make choices very well...so I have all three). They have a ton of vegetables to choose from as well. The thing that is so nice is you can put whatever you like on it...it's made to order. Finally there are about 10-15 sauces to choose from and of course there are noodles.Now, the trick to getting the most out of your money (which is what most college students are after) is to do it in reverse order. Most of the time you would put the noodles on the bottom and then put the vegetables and meat on top. But that isn't the way you should do it. First put your meat on the bottom, followed by your vegetables. Then you put the noodles on top. It is easier to hold noodles that are over flowing then vegetables. Finally you add your sauce. When you are done with your bowl you give it to a worker and they put it on a giant wok and it is cooked right in front of you.

This weekend Melissa and I went up to Rexburg for a business meeting. She went to BYU-Idaho and had never been there...and my sister is currently attending BYU-Idaho and had never been there. So I decided that this was the weekend to relive the past. Melissa and I showed up in Rexburg and picked up my little sister and her roommate. Then we met our friend Nate at the restaurant.

And let me tell you...the good times were rolling. We had so much fun. I think if I lived in IF or Rexburg I would have to eat at The Mongolian Grill every week. So next time you are in IF make sure you take a trip down to The Mongolian Grill. It is off of 17th right by the mall. And remember...at a place like this...there is no such thing as too much meat and too much sauce.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Mongolian BBQ/Stir fry (whatever you want to call it!). It is sooooo tasty. They don't have a good one in Bountiful that I've been able to find. :(

Tammy said...

Never been there, but do have to say I count my blessings everyday that I am no longer in Rexburg. :) Yay for graduation--almost 3 years ago!!!!

amanda said...

eric and i have been there and its great.. he piles on the meat and the sauce!! He loves sauces. I love all the vegs and noodles. hey.. you were in town and didn't come see the casa..alexis..you are in trouble. just kidding. i know how it is when you only have a short time. glad you had so much fun.