Thursday, January 24, 2008

Man that is cold!


So, many of you know I love my Mac. I have become an huge Mac fan. I will never go back to using a PC. One of the cool features that I use everyday is my F12 button. Now you might ask...what does the F12 button do? Well it pulls up my dashboard. Now you can program your dashboard to contain whatever widgets you would like to. I happen to have a sticky note, dictionary, calendar, ESPN basketball updates, positive quote of the day, Mac tip of the day, sudoku, calculator and 5-day weather forecast. I probably hit my F12 key 30 times a day. Most of the time I am using the calculator widget but lately I have been clicking away and focusing on the 5-day forecast.

Usually when I get to work in the morning I like to click the F12 and see what the temp. is outside. Lately, I haven't liked what I have been seeing. For the past few days it has been showing negative numbers for a good portion of the morning. Tuesday when I got to work it showed a -13...now that is cold.

Before I got my Mac I could find out what the temperature was outside by listening to the radio or calling 1-800-555-TELL and asking for the weather (learned that on the mission). When I was going to school in Rexburg you could just breathe in through your nose and if your nose hairs froze you knew it was cold. So even though those methods are still practical, my Mac is so much cooler! So for all those who don't have a mac...I would recommend it. Think of how much time you could waste looking at all your widgets!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Nice, Lexie. :) That Rexburg comment is so true! Oh well, only about 2 more months of the cold, right?