Sunday, February 26, 2012

#26

Well number 26 on my 30 x 30 list was to do a cross stitch. Before I went on my mission, I did a few cross stitches. Nothing to big and fancy but just little ones. I really enjoyed them, but really haven't had the time to do them since coming home from the mission. I was excited to add this to my 30 x 30 list, but really didn't know how to get started. My little sister encouraged me to find one online that I liked and to purchase it that way. I found this really cute one online and bought it right away.It was only after Katie looked at it, that I realized how hard it was going to be. I figured it wouldn't be too bad, after all most of the characters are one color. But then Katie started to explain how much detail work would be involved in a cross stitch like this. Now I am a little nervous about doing it.

I've had the cross stitch for a while now, but I just didn't know where to begin. This past weekend I went up to Rexburg to visit Katie and she helped me get started. I am proud with how far I have come in a week, but I know that I still have a long way to go before I finish.Yes, so far all I have done is part of Tigger and some of the fence, but I like seeing my progress. I can't wait to work on it some more and get further along. I will continue to post pictures of my progress...just bare with the quality of pictures, most of them come from my phone.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Oooh! Counted cross-stitch! Way to go, Lexie, it's looking great.

Anda said...

The hardest part is getting started, right!!

Katie said...

Hooray!! It's looking so great!! I'm proud of you sister, and can't wait to keep seeing updates as more gets done. It's going to be so stinkin cute!