Thursday, August 26, 2010

Another baby=another blanket

On July 17th my brother Reese and his wife Tammy had their 2nd little boy. Because it took me a lot longer to make Katie's baby blanket than originally thought, my mom and I got started on W's blanket the day after he was born. Thinking back on things, we probably should have done W's blanket first since he came a full month before Katie's baby...but that is besides the point. The point is we finally finished it and were able to give it to baby W. I think the fabric we chose turned out beautifully. I really think it came together nicely. Here is a close up of the design and how it all came together. Now I can't take full credit for this blanket, my mom did a lot of it during the week when I wasn't there. But I think it is beautiful!Now that we are all caught up on baby blankets and we don't have any babies to prepare for my mom and I have decided to make baby blankets to donate to a local hospital. We haven't decided what type of blanket and I should probably contact the hospital and see if they have any certain requirements first...but I am excited to do it.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

The blanket is awesome. We love it! Thank you!!