Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Snow + Backyard = Snowman

I believe that it has been years since I have actually built a snowman. But then again, it has been a long time since I have lived somewhere with a lawn capable of building a snowman.

The other day I was watching my friends kids for her and decided it was time to decorate the yard with a good snowman. Imagine my surprise after I got the kids in their snow gear to realize that I had no snow gear for myself. Oh well...it was still a lot of fun.

Kell, Braden and I went into my backyard and started building the first snowman. We got him all built and then needed to find something to decorate his face with. Kell asked if I had coal for the eyes...nope, what about little rocks for the eyes....nope, but I did have cups I could cut to make the eyes. Then she asked if I had a carrot for the nose...nope but I did have a long pretzel. So maybe I didn't have the normal things for a snowman, but I did have other things. We needed to find some type of stick for the arms, however my backyard has no trees. However, in our veggie garden there was a tree/weed thing growing that we never cut down. So I went to the shed and got a shovel and chopped off the branches for the snowman arms.It sure was a lot of fun! Braden started getting cold and so he went inside. Knowing he would do more damage if left alone inside then Kell would do alone in the backyard, I went inside with him. I kept checking on Kell to see what she was up to and I soon saw that she was building a few snowmen of his own. I couldn't believe that she could roll the balls and lift them on her own. Now the back yard is like a snowman forest.

1 comment:

Anda said...

oh lex, i love this post! how fun. thanks again for watching them. And if you need more snowmen to decorate your yard, let me know:)